|TicTie Calculate version 4.6 only.|
IMPORTANT NOTE: While we do provide instructions on how to create custom tickmarks, this feature is not built into the system to fully support. As it is cumbersome we recommend you use the default tickmarks provided. SafeSend Support will not create or edit any custom tickmarks you may have issues with.
With Tic Tie Calculate (TTC) you have the ability to create custom tickmarks for your PDF documents by following the instruction below.
Locating Tickmark folder path on computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\cPaperless\TTC\Tickmarks
- Go to the “C” drive.
- Locate the “Program Files (x86)” folder (depending on the computer this may just be “Program Files”).
- Select the “cPaperless” folder.
- Select "TTC".
- Select “Tickmarks”.
Identifying the tickmark naming convention
- Select the subfolder in which you want to add custom tickmarks. Letters, Numbers, References, SignOffs, or Symbols.
- Most custom tickmarks will be added to the “Symbols” subfolder.
- Once the subfolder is open you will notice there are six saved items for each tick mark.
- Example: the symbol for “Agrees” (i.e. the checkmarks). Has a .bmp and .pdf file for each color option. When you create a custom tickmark it will also have a .bmp and .pdf file for each color option.
- The naming convention is “Agrees_r.bmp” and “Agrees_r.pdf”.
- The name before the underscore is the name that will display in the tickmark dropdown list.
- The letter after the underscore tells the program which color drop down they relate to.
- r= red
- b= blue
- g= green
- The .bmp file is the icon that displays in the toolbar dropdown menu
- The .pdf file is the actual stamp placed on the page (Agrees_r.pdf)
Creating Custom Stamps
- Creating BMP File
- Design the tickmark in Microsoft Paint (or similar program).
- Resize the image to be consistent with the existing stamps.
- Once the custom stamp is created select “File”>“Save As”> “BMP Picture”.
- Select a location to save the file (you can create a separate folder on your desktop to store file until you are ready to move to the TTC subfolder).
- Create File Name and click “Save”
- Close Microsoft Paint.
IMPORTANT: If you would like a Red, Green, and Blue option in your TTC drop-down menus, you will need to create a separate stamp in each color in Microsoft Paint using the above steps.
Creating PDF File
- Open Adobe Acrobat.
- Select "Create PDF from File".
- Select saved BMP File and click "Open".
- Select “File”> “Save As”.
- Select location to save the file (usually the same location the BMP file is saved).
- Create File Name (using our naming conventions above) and click “Save”.
- Close Adobe Acrobat
Adding Custom Stamp to TTC Subfolder
- Open the folder location of the saved custom tickmark BMP and PDF file.
- If you have not created a separate file for each color you will need to create two copies of each file (you will have a total of 6 saved files).
- Rename each file using the Tickmark Naming Convention in section 2 of these instructions (example below):
- KM Initials Blue_b.bmp
- KM Initials Blue_b.pdf
- KM Initials Green_g.bmp
- KM Initials Green_g.pdf
- KM Initials Red_r.bmp
- KM Initials Red_r.pdf
- Open the TTC Tickmark Subfolder in which you are placing custom tickmarks (follow steps from Section 1 of these instructions).
- Select all custom tickmark files.
- Drag files into TTC Subfolder (or Copy and Paste).
- If you are denied access because you are not an administrator select “Continue”.
- Custom Tickmark files will move to the subfolder.
Locating Custom Tickmarks in Adobe Acrobat
- Once you have followed all instructions correctly your custom tickmarks will appear in the designated tickmark drop-down menu. ii. For this example select “Symbols” in TTC Tools.
- In the drop down menu for each color you will find your new custom tickmark
- Select custom tickmark to use in PDF file
What are the page size pixels or size you are using?
Also, what font size do you suggest using to match other symbols? Mine are showing up a bit small.
Please sign in to leave a comment.